If you are looking for a tutor to help you get ready for your TOEFL exam, Santa Clarita In-Home Tutoring can help!
The Tests of English language Proficiency (TOEFL) is a standardized test administered by schools and universities to measure the English language ability of non-native speakers. TOEFL tests in various age groups to measure English-language skills and place learners in the right classes. It is also a common prerequisite of college admission for university bound English learners.
- TOEFL Primary (age 8+): Measures a students’ academic and social English-language skills in 3 key areas: Reading, Listening and Speaking
- TOEFL Junior (age 11+): Measures a students’ English-language skills in 4 areas: Listening, Language Form and Meaning, Reading, and Speaking.
- TOEFL ITP (age 16+): Measures a students’ English-language skills in 3 areas: Reading, Listening, and Structure and Written Expression. There are 2 levels available. Level 1 is for intermediate to advanced language learners. Level 2 is for high beginner to intermediate language learners.
- TOEFL Primary, Junior, and ITP: Generally administered by schools looking for the correct classroom placement for English Learners. They are administered and scored on the school campus, and the fees are usually covered by the requesting school.
- TOEFL iBT: High stakes assessment for college-age or adult students hoping to gain admission into English-speaking Universities. The test has 4 sections — Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing. These sections measure academic English skills the way they’re typically required in the classroom. TOEFL iBT is a test that is administered at an official ETS (Educational Testing Service) TOEFL testing center and are scored by ETS. This exam costs $235 to register. It is recommended for best results that preparations start at least 2-3 months prior to the test date.